“More than 7,000 women engineers and scientists from around the world will come together in Los Angeles this fall for WE14 + ICWES16. Save the dates of October 23-25 and make plans to experience this incredible global exchange for change.”
Discovering new talent for your section is only half the battle. Providing them with leadership and personal growth opportunities is vital to engaging them throughout their education and careers. Here are a few things your section can try this fiscal year:
At 11:50, Oliver recognizes the Society of Women Engineers as a provider of scholarships to women. According to the Chicago tribune, in the past two days alone, SWE has received $25,000 in donations for their scholarship fund.
What are Presidents calls?
Presidents calls are monthly meetings facilitated by the Region Collegiate Team to inform Region C’s collegiate presidents of opportunities at the regional and society level, remind you of important report due dates, and serve as an open forum for discussions to promote collaboration between collegiate sections.
How do I join a Presidents call?
Dial 712-775-7000 and enter 230058# when prompted for an access code
When are Presidents calls?
Presidents calls will take place once a month on a Monday and Tuesday. Section presidents are expected to attend one call either Monday or Tuesday.Sept. 16th or 17th at 7PM Oct. 13th or 14th at 7PM Oct. 23rd-25th: Region collegiate meeting at Society Conference (Time TBA) Dec. 9th or 10th at 7PM Jan. 19th or 20th at 7PM February 6th-8th: Region collegiate meeting at Region Conference (Time TBA) Mar. 30th or 31st at 7PM May 11th or 12th at 7PM
Direct deposit set-up can be done in 5 easy steps:
Greetings Region C!
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all new and returning members to the region! My name is Dianne Beever, and I am in the second year of a two-year term as your Region C Governor. I hope that all of you are as excited as I am to begin a new SWE year.
Last month, I attended the Region Governor’s summit in Phoenix, Arizona. We had two full days of meetings to kick off the new SWE fiscal year. During the summit, the Society leadership presented the SWE Strategic Plan and FY15 Operational Goals with us, so I would like to share the high-level strategic goals with you now.
- Goal #1: Professional Excellence – SWE will develop women engineers at all stages of their personal and professional lives.
- Goal #2: Globalization – SWE will be recognized as a global, inclusive organization, promoting diversity and inclusion and serving women engineers wherever they are.
- Goal #3: Advocacy – SWE will advocate for the inclusion and success of women, present and prospective, in engineering and technology.
We’re a few days from the beginning of the school year and I’m scouring every office supply store for the perfect spiral notebooks: plastic bound, plastic covered, and college ruled. In my free time, I’m making lists of places to visit around town, recipes to try, new dorm-furniture arrangements to experiment with.
It’s a new year, a natural time to draft resolutions and form new habits, so here are a few for you and me and the blog:
- For every person stumbling onto this blog, there’s another person who isn’t aware of its existence. Share this blog with at least one person in your section and let’s double this blog’s readership
- Let’s show the Region what your section is doing. Following section report submissions, I’ll solicit information from your section to write a feature for the blog monthly called “Best Practices.” Likewise, please use these posts as a resource to put on a similar program or event.
- Let’s talk! Connect with the Region on twitter @SWERegionC and join the conversation on Facebook by searching “SWE Region C”
On behalf of the Region C Board and the Region C Collegiate team, welcome to FY15. Articles will be published here weekly examining outreach, networking and showing you how you can get involved with the Region Leadership team. Keep an eye out for a guest post from Dianne Beever, our Region Governor, on her goals for the Region during the upcoming year.