Don’t forget to officially become a SWE member or renew your membership! If you have the C2C membership, it’s important that you remember to renew your membership by September 30, 2013 or you will have to pay again. If you are not already a member, become one! Here are the types & benefits of memberships:
Collegiate to Career (C2C)
For a one-time $50 payment, collegiate members can secure a SWE membership for their collegiate years through the first year they qualify for professional grade membership. C2C is beneficial to students with two or more years of schooling left or those pursuing an advanced degree. Renewal is required each year, at no charge, to confirm continued SWE Membership. Take advantage of this program to maximize your savings on membership dues.
SWE Membership is available for $20 to college students majoring in engineering and must be renewed annually to obtain membership benefits.
Take advantage of a reduced joint membership rate when you join both SWE and one of these three professional organizations: The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES), the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).
A SWE collegiate membership is a great way to prepare for a successful engineering career. As a member, you are part of a community of peers with access to exceptional tools, scholarships, training, and role models. And with all the recreational activities, it’s a lot of fun, too!
A SWE collegiate membership offers outstanding value! Your membership includes:
- Eligibility for scholarships. More than $500,000 is awarded each year.
- SWE Career Center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning.
- Networking opportunities with practicing women engineers and other collegiates.
- A support system of peer groups, mentors, advisors, and industry leaders.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
- Regularly scheduled meetings that allow you to get advice from fellow members on everything from time management to graduate schools, all while making lifelong friendships.
- Discounted prices with Kaplan: 10% off any SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT or PCAT preparation class, Live Online class, premium online product, tutoring or admissions consulting package.
- SWE Annual and Regional Conferences.
- Professional development seminars.
- Live professional development webinars that are also available as replays.
- Annual subscription to the award-winning SWE Magazine.
For more information of memberships, to renew, or to become a member visit: http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/
Have a great weekend!